Thursday, October 16, 2014

Week 39!

I don't have any pictures for this week. But I had a doctors appointment on Wednesday and wanted to put an update on here. So, last week, the doctor said I was a "little open". Meaning I was slightly dilated, but not by much. As of yesterday she says I am fully dilated to 1cm, and my cervix is thinning. Progress! A little, but progress nonetheless. She offered to do a membrane strip, which could potentially provoke labor. But since I wasn't even past my due date, I opted not to do that and told her we would try to do this as natural as possible. I have another appointment scheduled for next Wednesday, the 22nd where she will check how I am doing. If i have not progressed, we have decided to do the membrane strip then, as opposed to going straight to an induction. However she did say that if my fluids are low, then they will need to induce me then. So, I'm praying it doesn't come to that. Being induced increases the risk of a C-section and prolongs the length of labor. So, that wouldn't be ideal for us. She also stated that once we do the strip, we will also set up an induction date just in case labor does not happen.

Things have been well. It's not too hard to wait, although I have had my days where I just want him to come out already. But that's mostly on those painful days where even just sitting hurts. I have been feeling really well the last couple days. Minimal pain, I just am having a hard time sleeping. But I just try to consider it to be training for my days to come. :) It recently hit me that Autumn's favorite number is 22, and he could potentially be born on that day. If that happens, it would give a whole ton of extra sentiment and meaning to his birthday. Mitch and I are pretty excited to meet this little guy! Again, I just can't wait to see what he looks like, and watch as he develops into the person that he was sent here to be. My arms are waiting for you little guy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment