Baby is the size of a Turnip!!
So, can someone please tell me where the last three weeks have gone? So much for posting on every even numbered week. (I may be a bit OCD =P) First things first, our progression picture!!
This was taken on my (technically) very first Mother's Day as a mother. It was such a sweet and beautiful day. Mitch was such a sweetheart, as usual. I had a photo shoot to take on Saturday for a coworker, and when I came home Mitch was gone. We text back and forth and after some time, he came home and tried to be sneaky about not having anything in his hands. He is really adorable when he's trying to be sneaky. Then he called me into the kitchen and surprised me with these beautiful roses:
It made my whole day! But then Sunday came around and I woke up to Mitch leaving the room with his lap top. So I knew he was up to something. I heard the banging of pots, and then the mixer mixing whatever mitch was making for breakfast. I laid in bed for a good half hour listening to him working. It was so sweet it brought tears to my eyes, and then I thought "I HAVE to capture this moment!" So I tried to be sneaky and take a picture, but he heard the door open. He folded his arms and said, "You go lay back down right now!" Haha It made me laugh and I complied. But I was able to get this photo:
I got his folded arms and all. Then a few minutes later, be brings in this plate of food, and wished me a happy Mother's Day.
So, I am not a pancake person. It's not that I don't like them, I just prefer to eat other things for breakfast. However, if you have ever gone to Black Bear Diner and had their pancakes, you'd know that they are DELICIOUS! Mitch, being the sweet husband that he is, looked up the recipe online and made me their pancakes. They tasted different than the restaurant, but they were made with love. I sat there on our bed eating my breakfast with a full heart and watery eyes. Don't I have the best husband ever? And he's all mine for ETERNITY! I am one lucky woman :)
So, what has been going on with baby these past few weeks? Well baby has graduated from an Orange, to an Avocado and now to a Turnip in the last 3 weeks. Baby's ears and eyes have migrated to their proper place. They can wiggle their fingers and toes, hear our voices, make faces and is now sucking and swallowing. We finally have a little human inside! It is so exciting to read how the baby is developing each week, and what they are up to in there. Last week I was able to feel the baby a lot. Their movements have gone from cute flutters to tiny little "pokes". I mostly feel them right after I eat. And boy does baby love cheese and Salmon! I'll have to keep track and see if they still love it when they are born. This just makes me more excited for when they arrive. I can't wait to hold and snuggle them! And I especially can't wait to see Mitch with the baby. He is going to be the best Daddy!
One other achievement Mitch and I have reached is the agreement on one boys name and one girls name, FINALLY! Haha I know it's still early, but I thought we'd never come to an agreement. We both just have very different tastes. But please don't ask what the names are, because we aren't telling until baby comes. Well, that's the plan anyway. If you know me, you'll know that I get so excited about these things, I might just spill the beans! But I'll be as strong as I can :) Now all we have to do is find out what we are having. We find out on May 29th however, we won't know until the 31st. Yup, we're following the trend and making them put it in an envelope and we're waiting for 2 whole days (this will be TORTURE for me!). We're having family over for a BBQ and doing a gender reveal with cupcakes. I love the idea of all of us finding out together. And when I told my dad about the gender reveal idea, he got pretty excited so I knew we had to do it! I am so excited for it!
So, Mitch actually got a new job and will be starting next Monday. And since taking time off at a new job isn't the easiest, this Wed. is his last day and we will be taking a mini vacation/baby moon before the baby gets here. We're leaving for Carmel Thursday afternoon. I am so excited to get to spend some quality time together. Living with my family is great, but it is always pretty busy here. So, we definitely need this before the baby gets here. We have so many new transitions to look forward to! My heart is definitely full with all of the blessings we have seen in our lives. And my love has grown so much for Mitch as he has been a huge help for me during this pregnancy. He takes such good care of me, helping me to know what I should be eating and what is best for our little baby. I didn't think it was possible to love him more than I did on our wedding day, but my love for him just continues to grow! I can't even begin to express how grateful I am that our family is eternal and that I get to be the mother of his children. Families are Forever!

.jpg)




So happy that your coming right along in your pregnancy. Having a supportive husband makes it all that much better. Enjoy every second of it. I love you and look forward to future blog entries...Love, Stacy
ReplyDelete