BABY IS THE SIZE OF A SWEET POTATO!!
"Your baby is getting ready to bust a move! At five and a half inches long and five ounces in weight, he now may be large enough for you to feel him twisting, rolling, punching and kicking his way around the womb. Plus, he is developing yawing and hiccuping skills (you may feel those soon, too!) and his own unique set of toe and finger prints."
This week has been such a fun one. As I mentioned before, Mitch recently got a new job. We decided since he may not get any time off between now and when the baby comes, we would take a mini vacation. We stayed in Salinas, and drove out to Monterey and Carmel. We had such a great time. It was so nice to get some alone time and reflect on all that we have to look forward to. During our weekend, Mitch was able to feel the baby kicking more and more. It was so cute to see his face when he felt the tiny movements. It was awesome! In fact, as I am typing this the baby has been really pushing out. I get a tight pain, and I can feel where the baby is with my hand. It feels so hard, but so cool at the same time. I haven't eaten any sugar or anything, but this little one is being super active lately. I am so lucky to be feeling as much as I have so early on. I reflected back and I started feeling little flutters at 12 weeks. It so nice to be able to feel the baby, it bring such a comforting peace of mind that they are okay. Here are just some pictures from our trip :
We have so much to do and look forward to this week. We will have our Gender scan on Thursday. However, we have friends and family coming in to town this next weekend for a Gender Reveal Party. I originally was hesitant to do anything like this, because I know how exciting it is for parents to find out these things. But I wasn't sure if it would be something that everyone would want to participate in. I think I mentioned before that I was talking to my dad and told him about the trend of Gender Reveals and he got really excited and said, "Let's do it!" So, it was decided and Mitch was on board as well. My family (aunts, uncles and cousins) are pretty excited as well which makes it even better. Again I'm the kind of person that likes to share my joy and excitement with those that I love. So Saturday can't come soon enough!








No comments:
Post a Comment