Monday, June 9, 2014

Week 20!

BABY IS THE SIZE OF A MANGO!!
 
Week 20 has been absolutely awesome! We had so much going on and so much to look forward to. Two main events was our anatomy ultrasound, and our gender reveal. They were both such a blast! And I have a few pictures to show.
 
So, We tried to schedule our Ultrasound as close to the weekend as possible. I knew I would be so anxious to know, and the closer we could get it to the Saturday of our Gender Reveal, the better. We had the appointment on Thursday, May 29th. It was such a great day and such a wonderful experience to see our little one actually look like a baby! The tech was such a sweet old man that has been doing this for years. He made me feel really comfortable, but he was so quiet and didn't explain as much as I was wanting to know. But I think that happens to most moms because we want to know EVERYTHING! haha He asked us if we wanted to know the gender, and we told him no. So he told us from the beginning that everytime he was going to be in the vacinity that he would tell us he was in the "danger zone". He was so cute! He had to tilt me back in the chair a few times to be able to see everything he needed to. Baby was so calm and quiet and didn't move hardly at all. But we got some really good pictures. He said Baby Moss was extremely healthy and everything looked great! It was so amazing to be able to see our little baby, and in some of these ultra sound pictures, we can already see a few features, although they obviously aren't very distinct.
 
Our Cute Little Baby's Profile! <3

Baby Moss striking a pose

Look at my foot Mom!
 
At the end of the Ultra Sound, the tech pulled up all the pictures on the screen in front of us. He started flipping through them before I could look away and I noticed the "gender" one. I thought I had seen something, but it was so fast and so unclear that I wasn't sure. But we would find out 2 days later at Our Gender reveal. And what a LOOOOOONG two days it was! I literally could not sleep. The first night, I went to sleep at 10pm and I was wide awake at 2am. I couldn't fall back to sleep until almost 4, and had to be up by 6 to get ready for work. I was so tired! I thought since I was so tired Friday, that I'd be able to get some good sleep before the reveal. Who was I kidding? I stayed up until about 1:30 preparing things for the party and getting ready for everything. I thought if I stayed up later, I'd for sure be able to sleep long. I was wrong. I was wide awake at 5:30.... I laid in bed with my eyes closed until 7 and decided that I would just get up. I was just WAY too exicted to find out if little Moss was a boy or a girl! We had a "What Will Baby Bee? Theme" Everything turned out so cute and so fun. We kept it kind of simple with the decorations, but it all tied together and looked great.
 
This is one of the 50 cupcakes that my friend Alma made for us! They turned out so cute! And they were absolutely delicious!

Our yummy lemonade to fit our black and white bee theme :)

This is the second half of he "What Will Baby Bee?" banner that I made. It turned out so cute, thanks to my friend Ashley showing me how to make a homemade banner through Microsoft Word.
 
And then, it came time to bite in these cupcakes and find out what baby Moss is!!
 
 
We are so excited to be welcoming a little boy into our family. I am out numbered between, Mitch Valention and baby but it's okay, I like being able to call them all "My Boys". It was so fun to have the family all together and find out together what we are having. It added to the excitement and made it even more special to have so many people we love and care about there in support and added excitement.
 
Mitch didn't want to do the traditional thing where the cupcakes all have the color of the gender inside. He thought it would be funny to make them all yellow, and then only have one cupcake be the one that had the gender color inside. We had agreed to make it random, so whoever got the cupcake would be surprised. But what he didn't know was that I coordinated with my friend to make sure Mitch got that one cupcake. His reaction was priceless! And then when we got to sit and talk with everyone and they shared their initial thoughts and reactions, that made it even better, because nobody knew that we had only colored one cupcake with the gender color. Everyone else had yellow filling in their cupcakes. My poor dad is color-blind so when he took a bite, he wasn't sure what color he was seeing. He said he kept asking, "Is it pink or blue?!" Haha Then others were thinking that maybe the ultrasound was inconclusive! It definitely gave us a lot of laughs and memories.
 
 
 
Again we are so grateful to those who were able to make it out to our reveal. And we feel so excited and grateful that Baby Boy Moss has so many friends and family who already love and support him! We love you guys!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment